We all want a better world for our children and grandchildren, and Allied Waste is committed to providing recycling solutions that are easy and cost-effective for our customers. There are many reasons why recycling is good for the environment and our community:
- Recycling preserves natural resources. By making products from recycled materials instead of virgin materials, we conserve land and reduce the need to drill for oil and dig for minerals.
- Recycling conserves energy. It usually takes far less energy to make products from recycled materials. Recycled aluminum, for example, takes 95% less energy than new aluminum from bauxite ore.
- Recycling keeps air and water clean. In most cases, making products from recycled materials — especially recycled paper — creates less air and water pollution than making products from virgin materials.
- Recycling prevents landfill buildup. When the materials that you recycle go into new products, they don't get incinerated or pile up in landfills, so landfill space is conserved.
- Recycling saves money and creates jobs. Recycling is frequently the least expensive waste management method for cities and towns — our program costs about the same or less than regular trash service — and the money spent goes towards creating local jobs, instead of landfills and incinerators.